Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why I do not use Chrome and Stick to Firefox

I tried out google chrome, it is slick, minimalistic however I still stick to firefox for many reasons some of them I am giving here.

1. It does not have adblock, this one is no bummer as google wont block its main source of revenue ;-).
2. No stumble upon, I am one of them who is now addicted to it and there no such thing for chrome yet.
3. No keyword or tagging of bookmarks. I use keyword shortcuts to go to pages quickly, chrom does not have such provision.
4. New process for new tab is memory hog, try opening 14+ tab in chrome and it crashes my computer while firefox crash around 25 or so tab. I know not all will open so many tabs :-).
5. Mouse gesture, I love them esp when I have mouse connected to my laptop.
6. No extension framework or I am not aware of. This does not allow things to be added to chrome.
7. I have used 3.1 version of firefox with new javascript engine it seems much faster compared to chrome in processing the sites like gmail, docs etc.
8. It does not have bookmark syncing between computers. I use foxmark to sync my two laptops and work pc with the same bookmarks.

So, all in all I will stick to firefox :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment