Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wheels Apart...

After returning to India, I got a car as I developed a mind set that car is one of the basic necessity. Well its quite true, the only problem is in India not all can afford it unlike US where every tom dick and harry has a car.

Till now I was driving toyota corolla (1995 model), now I am driving Maruti 800... no where close to even a 1995 model car... there are totally wheels apart...

Consider this... I sold my corolla for $2400 (Rs 108K)... I got my 800 for $ 3933

Now let us consider their features...

Feature: Corolla | 800

Dimension : Mid Size | Mini Size if there is one :-)... am too lazy to measure it ...
Engine : V4 | V2
Transmission : Automatic | Manual (good for India)
Features : Fully loaded - power locks, windows, AC, rear defrost | hardly anything except that I got a steering wheel, AC :-)...

won't bring down my sweet little maruti so much... but makes me wonder how is that a country of 1 billion not able to make a good quality product at a cheaper price... the labour is cheap ... so are the raw material... probably some intricacies which I do not understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment